- Client: Tuyen Quang Hydropower Company.
- Scope of the project: Supplying materials, equipment and accompanying technical services for major repair of the protection relay system of unit H3.
- Solution: Replace and upgrade the REG216 protection relay system with the REG670 protection relay system.
- Implementation time: 2018.
Tuyen Quang hydropower plant
Condition of the factory before the project implementation
- The relay has some bulging capacitors in the main board, the power card does not have enough capacity when the relay is working, the power-on startup takes a long time.
- Unit protection relay REG216 has no display interface, measurement parameters cannot be checked during operation.
- The fault recording function of the REG216 relay only records the normal current value, no phase angle, no pre-fault parameters, especially not reporting in waveform, so it is very difficult to analyze the data. Whether.
- The two relay blocks are not time synchronized with the DCS system.
The solution S5T offers to solve factory problems
Results and evaluation after upgrading the protection relay system for Unit H3
- Installing a new relay system is no longer a matter of updating equipment and technology but also an urgent need to protect generator and transformer systems.
- The new protective devices REG670, RED670 ensure compatibility with existing factory equipment.
- The relay hardware is modular in design, and the PCM600 software is adjustable, making it easy to expand in the future.
- Ensure high reliability and redundancy when there are 2 digital relay systems operating in redundancy for each other (system A and system B).
- Analyze the causes of failures, and record and store details of events when there is an error signal as well as when a problem occurs to serve for fault finding and troubleshooting. .
- The interface is intuitively displayed to the manager by the large HMI screen right on the protection relay face.
- Simple and easy operation, convenient for maintenance, testing and adjustment.
- Easy connection to protection relays by means of a common Ethernet network cable and PCM600 software.
Realize superiority and solve factory problems. In 2020 and 2021, Tuyen Quang Hydropower Company will continue to work with contractors S5T and EVNPSC to continue implementing bidding packages to upgrade the protection relay system for units H1, and H2.
To receive information about a similar solution/service, please send an inquiry to our mailbox, or contact us at the address below.
- Address: S5T Vietnam Technology and Solution Joint Stock Company.
- Lot B15, Duong Noi Resettlement Area, Duong Noi, Ha Dong, Hanoi.
- Tel: 0243 540 1858 – Fax: 0243 540 1859
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org